You can still take out a mortgage even if you’ve got a low credit score or no credit score
There are several reasons why you may have a low or no credit score, (for example if you haven’t had any credit commitments in the past), as this means there’s no evidence of you keeping up-to-date with payments. We work with numerous lenders that don’t credit score, so there are still mortgage options available.
- Applications based on the person not a score
- 95% mortgages available to purchase a property
- 90% remortgage available
Securing a mortgage for the couple with a low credit score
With Clever Mortgages they were able to:
Use 100% of their Universal credit and child benefit alongside their income
Take out a first-time buyer mortgage with a high street bank
Secure a fixed rate of 2.18% even though they had a poor credit history
Ensure financial stability with a good rate and low payments for two years
Start rebuilding their credit score
Mr and Mrs D were a couple of first-time buyers struggling to find a mortgage as they had low credit scores and previous defaults. They’d already been declined by a high street bank and weren’t sure if they’d be able to get onto the property ladder.
Mr and Mrs D needed a lender which would accept 100% of the Universal Credit along with Mr D’s income, which they were finding difficult.
We helped them by securing them a first-time buyer mortgage with another high street bank, which is helping them rebuild their credit scores. They now have an affordable mortgage with a fixed-term which is covered by their income and benefits. This has provided them with the security of a new home with low payments for two years.
|New mortgage||£139,500||£528.27||2.18%||2 year fixed rate 90% LTV||30 years|
No obligation advice on low credit score mortgages
How much could you borrow?
Wondering how much you could potentially borrow and how much a mortgage might cost you?*
Use our free interactive mortgage form to tell you.
Our mortgage advisors will then speak to you in more detail for a free, no obligation mortgage quote.
6 Great reasons to choose Clever Mortgages
Specialists in bad credit
Every member of our team is trained in bad credit situations and know how to find the right solutions for customers – helping them get the mortgage that’ll get them back on track.
Over 100 lenders
The number and quality of lenders we work with means we have access to a diverse spectrum of best-rate deals. The lenders we use means we have all areas covered – even for those in particularly niche circumstances.
Not every case is the same
As each customer’s situation is unique, we take the time to understand your situation, and we carefully assess your goals and how we’ll make sure the mortgage we get helps you to achieve them.
Access To Exclusive Rates
The relationship we have with our lenders means we have access to products and deals that simply aren’t available to customers going direct. This is true particularly for those in adverse credit situations.
Offering the best support
We know that buying or moving house and getting a mortgage is stressful, so we do our upmost to make the process as hassle-free as possible. We’re there for you at every step, always keeping you in the loop.
We’re proud of our long-standing 5 Star Rating on Trustpilot, and love all the positive feedback we get from customers every day. We feel privileged to help people get a great deal with far less stress.
Why use a mortgage broker?
Mortgage brokers can help you find the best deals on the market – not just from one lender. With a broker you’ll get:
- Valuable knowledge, through years of experience helping customers to find mortgages
- An improved chance at finding a mortgage, some mortgages are only available through a broker
- Help with the application process, as usually just one application can be used across various lenders
- Advice on how to improve your chances, for instance getting a guarantor or applying for a joint mortgage
About Clever Mortgages
We specialise in assessing an individual’s situation, and finding the right mortgage solution for them. We can help:
- With remortgages, buy-to-let, and first-time buyers mortgages. We have experts who cover these areas
- Even if you’ve got bad credit – we help people every day with a variety of credit histories to find the right mortgage
- With applications, as we’ll take the hassle away. We require your details once and we’ll know the best lenders for your circumstance
- Our team know the lenders that are most likely to say ‘yes’, and give you the best rates
What should I do next?
- You enquire online with us today or request a call back
Our simple form takes a couple of minutes to fill in, this gets the ball rolling
- One of our experts will give you a call to find out more about your situation
We have experts in remortgaging, who focus solely on helping customers save money
- We do all the hard work for you
We search the market for the trusted lender that’s right for you
- Our expert will get back in touch
We can guide you every step of the way, and we’ll always keep you up-to-date with progress
Speak to a broker
Laura is a specialist mortgage broker, whose been working for Clever Mortgages for 7 years and has over 13 years experience in Financial Services.
Call us on: 0800 197 0504