You could still take out a mortgage even if you’ve had a CCJ
If you have a registered or settled County Court Judgement (CCJ), there are still mortgages available. As CCJs are issued when you haven’t paid money you owe, this can impact you taking out a mortgage. At Clever Mortgages we work with lenders that could accept your application.
Securing a mortgage for one customer who’d previously been declined because of a CCJ
We help customers do just that. Our customer Mr Z was able to:
Take out a mortgage of almost £300,000 even though his wife had a CCJ and other previous defaults Secure a fixed rate of 1.73% for the initial 5 years Complete the purchase of his property in just one month
Mr Z wanted to buy a property but had previously been declined for a mortgage as his wife had bad credit, including a CCJ. At Clever Mortgages, we enabled him to:
Another reason why the couple’s previous mortgage application had been declined was because the new property was next door to the home of another family member.
Having access to so many products though meant we were able to secure a mortgage with a lender which was happy to offer them a mortgage despite the CCJ, previous defaults and the property’s proximity to another family home.
Completing the purchase within just one month was another factor which made this case so successful for the couple.
|New Mortgage||£297,000||£1,006.27||1.73%||5 year fixed rate||32 years|
No obligation advice on CCJ mortgages
Try our Mortgage Calculator – let’s see what you could borrow
Rates may differ based on your circumstances
6 Great reasons to choose Clever Mortgages
Specialists in bad credit
Every member of our team is trained in bad credit situations and know how to find the right solutions for customers – helping them get the mortgage that’ll get them back on track.
Over 100 lenders
The number and quality of lenders we work with means we have access to a diverse spectrum of best-rate deals. The lenders we use means we have all areas covered – even for those in particularly niche circumstances.
Not every case is the same
As each customer’s situation is unique, we take the time to understand your situation, and we carefully assess your goals and how we’ll make sure the mortgage we get helps you to achieve them.
Access To Exclusive Rates
The relationship we have with our lenders means we have access to products and deals that simply aren’t available to customers going direct. This is true particularly for those in adverse credit situations.
Offering the best support
We know that buying or moving house and getting a mortgage is stressful, so we do our upmost to make the process as hassle-free as possible. We’re there for you at every step, always keeping you in the loop.
We’re proud of our long-standing 5 Star Rating on Trust Pilot, and love all the positive feedback we get from customers every day. We feel privileged to help people get a great deal with far less stress.
Why use a mortgage broker?
Mortgage brokers can help you find the best deals on the market – not just from one lender. With a broker you’ll get:
- Valuable knowledge, through years of experience helping customers to find mortgages
- An improved chance at finding a mortgage, some mortgages are only available through a broker
- Help with the application process, as usually just one application can be used across various lenders
- Advice on how to improve your chances, for instance getting a guarantor or applying for a joint mortgage
About Clever Mortgages
We specialise in assessing an individual’s situation, and finding the right mortgage solution for them. We can help:
- With remortgages, buy-to-let, and first-time buyers mortgages. We have experts who cover these areas
- Even if you’ve got bad credit – we help people every day with a variety of credit histories to find the right mortgage
- With applications, as we’ll take the hassle away. We require your details once and we’ll know the best lenders for your circumstance
- Our team know the lenders that are most likely to say ‘yes’, and give you the best rates
What should I do next?
- You enquire online with us today or request a call back
Our simple form takes a couple of minutes to fill in, this gets the ball rolling
- One of our experts will give you a call to find out more about your situation
We have experts in remortgaging, who focus solely on helping customers save money
- We do all the hard work for you
We search the market for the trusted lender that’s right for you
- Our expert will get back in touch
We can guide you every step of the way, and we’ll always keep you up-to-date with progress
Speak to a broker
Ashley is a specialist mortgage broker, whose been working for Clever Mortgages for 3 years and has a proven track record in helping customers with bad credit
Call us on: 0800 197 0504