Mortgage with IVA – There are mortgages available even if you’ve been in an IVA
It is still possible to take out a mortgage if you’ve been in an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA). At Clever Mortgages, we can help by reviewing your existing mortgage once your IVA has ended – or finding suitable first-time-buyer mortgages to help you onto the property ladder.
- Stress and hassle free
- Buying a house or remortgaging for home improvements
- Helping you plan your finances for the future
- Up to 95% mortgages available to purchase a property
- Remortgages available up to 90%
Helping one customer to finance his home improvement even though he’d been in an IVA
Our customer Mr F wanted finance to carry out home improvements, but he’d previously been in an IVA. With Clever Mortgages he was able to:
Take out a new mortgage with his High Street Bank Release equity from his home Carry out much-needed home improvements Secure a fixed rate of 1.84% for two years
Mr F wanted to release some equity from his property to carry out some much-needed improvements. He already had a mortgage, but as he had been in an IVA since he took this out, he didn’t meet the criteria with his existing lender. He had also approached the lender himself but was told he wouldn’t be considered because of his IVA.
We approached the lender, explained his situation and secured a new mortgage in just three weeks. This consolidated his unsecured debt, released equity from his property and provided him with £350 cashback.
The new mortgage allowed the customer to secure a competitive rate for two years, consolidate his debt and carry out home improvements.
|New Mortgage||£63,900||£362.86||3.09%||2 year fixed rate||20 years|
No obligation advice on mortgages with IVA
Try our Mortgage Calculator – let’s see what you could borrow
Rates may differ based on your circumstances
6 Great reasons to choose Clever Mortgages
Specialists in bad credit
Every member of our team is trained in bad credit situations and know how to find the right solutions for customers – helping them get the mortgage that’ll get them back on track.
Over 100 lenders
The number and quality of lenders we work with means we have access to a diverse spectrum of best-rate deals. The lenders we use means we have all areas covered – even for those in particularly niche circumstances.
Not every case is the same
As each customer’s situation is unique, we take the time to understand your situation, and we carefully assess your goals and how we’ll make sure the mortgage we get helps you to achieve them.
Access To Exclusive Rates
The relationship we have with our lenders means we have access to products and deals that simply aren’t available to customers going direct. This is true particularly for those in adverse credit situations.
Offering the best support
We know that buying or moving house and getting a mortgage is stressful, so we do our upmost to make the process as hassle-free as possible. We’re there for you at every step, always keeping you in the loop.
We’re proud of our long-standing 5 Star Rating on Trustpilot, and love all the positive feedback we get from customers every day. We feel privileged to help people get a great deal with far less stress.
Why use a mortgage broker?
Mortgage brokers can help you find the best deals on the market – not just from one lender. With a broker you’ll get:
- Valuable knowledge, through years of experience helping customers to find mortgages
- An improved chance at finding a mortgage, some mortgages are only available through a broker
- Help with the application process, as usually just one application can be used across various lenders
- Advice on how to improve your chances, for instance getting a guarantor or applying for a joint mortgage
About Clever Mortgages
We specialise in assessing an individual’s situation, and finding the right mortgage solution for them. We can help:
- With remortgages, buy-to-let, and first-time buyers mortgages. We have experts who cover these areas
- Even if you’ve got bad credit – we help people every day with a variety of credit histories to find the right mortgage
- With applications, as we’ll take the hassle away. We require your details once and we’ll know the best lenders for your circumstance
- Our team know the lenders that are most likely to say ‘yes’, and give you the best rates
What should I do next?
- You enquire online with us today or request a call back
Our simple form takes a couple of minutes to fill in, this gets the ball rolling
- One of our experts will give you a call to find out more about your situation
We have experts in remortgaging, who focus solely on helping customers save money
- We do all the hard work for you
We search the market for the trusted lender that’s right for you
- Our expert will get back in touch
We can guide you every step of the way, and we’ll always keep you up-to-date with progress
Speak to a broker
Christie is a specialist mortgage broker, whose been working for Clever for 4 years. She has been in the financial industry for nearly 9 years which included assisting clients in financial difficulty setting up IVAs.
Call us on: 0800 197 0504