Proportunity is a tech-driven mortgage lender that combines smart technology and financing to help homebuyers get on the property ladder. Proportunity bridge the gap between your affordability from a main mortgage lender and the home you really want because they know current borrowing systems that limit lending home buyers to 4.5x their income does not keep up with rising house prices.
Proportunity unlocks 95% LTV at 6x income for all customers in the form of a top-up equity loan alongside their main mortgage.
While it is similar to the government Help to Buy scheme in the sense that it is an equity loan, Proportunity is available on both new & old builds and isn’t limited to first-time buyers.
How it works
The Proportunity Loan is an equity loan. It increases your budget by up to £150k. The amount you can borrow is dependent on your income and the size of the deposit you have
You finance the purchase of your home with your 5% deposit, the Proportunity Loan (to cover up to 25%), and a regular mortgage to cover the rest.
The Proportunity Loan is available across England and Wales
The Proportunity Loan is an equity loan. This means the amount you have to pay back is directly tied to future changes in the value of your property.
If they give you a loan for 25% of the home’s value, you have to pay back 25% of the home’s value at the point of repayment. This applies whether your home goes up or down in value.
You will also need to make monthly payments to cover the interest of the loan. These begin immediately after taking the loan. Interest rates depend on what product you take, fixed rates are available.
Speak with one of our experts about the First Homes Scheme
Speak to our expert brokers on all types of mortgages, remortgages, even if you have bad credit. One of our expert brokers will be able to review your current situation and advise on the best way of moving forward with our knowledge and access to over 100 lenders. The initial advice is free, there is only a cost if you proceed with a mortgage.
0800 197 0504
Why use a mortgage broker for Proportunity?
Mortgage brokers can help you find the best deals on the market – not just from one lender. With a broker you’ll get:
- Valuable knowledge, through years of experience helping customers to find mortgages
- An improved chance at finding a mortgage, some mortgages are only available through a broker
- Help with the application process, as usually just one application can be used across various lenders
- Advice on how to improve your chances, for instance getting a guarantor or applying for a joint mortgage
About Clever Mortgages
We specialise in assessing an individual’s situation, and finding the right mortgage solution for them. We can help:
- With remortgages, buy-to-let, and first-time buyers mortgages. We have experts who cover these areas
- Even if you’ve got bad credit – we help people every day with a variety of credit histories to find the right mortgage
- With applications, as we’ll take the hassle away. We require your details once and we’ll know the best lenders for your circumstance
- Our team know the lenders that are most likely to say ‘yes’, and give you the best rates
What should I do next?
- You enquire online with us today or request a call back
Our simple form takes a couple of minutes to fill in, this gets the ball rolling
- One of our experts will give you a call to find out more about your situation
We have experts in remortgaging, who focus solely on helping customers save money
- We do all the hard work for you
We search the market for the trusted lender that’s right for you
- Our expert will get back in touch
We can guide you every step of the way, and we’ll always keep you up-to-date with progress
Karli as part of our Front Line Team has helped many clients with their Mortgage Enquiries, Karli is now arranging and advising on the best options for clients.
Call Karli on: 0800 197 0504