Declined a Mortgage
If you’ve been unsuccessful with a mortgage application and a lender has said they can’t find a product for you, your first instinct might be to try your luck with a few other lenders, and just see how you go. But be warned, too many unsuccessful applications can have a negative impact on your credit report.
That’s why it’s recommended to go through a broker like Clever Mortgages, as this will increase your chances. We specialise in helping customers with bad credit get the mortgage that’s right for them. Some of these mortgages aren’t even available directly to the public.
We help customers with bad credit secure the best mortgages rates available. We know the lenders that will say, YES
Get your mortgage with Clever Mortgages and we could:
Find the mortgage right for your individual situation Get a mortgage, even if you’re self-employed
Have your benefits taken into account Get a mortgage with bad credit
What should I do next?
- Enquire online with us today
- One of our experts will call for a chat to find out more about what you’re looking for
- We do all the hard work for you – we’ll find the right deal for you
- Our expert will keep you informed of progress, all the way to completion
With Clever Mortgages you can expect:
- Specialists in bad credit mortgages
- A thorough search of the market, for the right deal for you
- A friendly service, where you’re always kept in the loop
It’s hassle-free and easier than you might think. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Why should I use a mortgage broker?
- You’re likely to only have to do one application – this will save you time, and more applications from being recorded on your credit file
- Some mortgages especially for people with bad credit are only available if you go through a mortgage broker
- Brokers can advise on what would improve your chances – e.g. finding a guarantor or opting for a joint mortgage
- They can take the hassle of application forms away – talking you through every step, and asking all the right questions
Specialists in bad credit
We have helped 1000’s of people with bad credit. All our advisors are trained on securing mortgages for clients with bad credit. In short, we know this market.
Over 100 lenders
We are a broker that has carefully selected over 100 lenders in all sectors. Which means you get access to a wide range of deals, including those from niche lenders.
Not every case is the same
We understand every case is different, and every customer has a different requirement, whether it’s debt consolidation, freeing up capital, or simply saving money, we look at every situation to help you
Access To Exclusive Rates
With access to every adverse friendly lender, we can often secure you exclusive rates you won’t find on the high street.
First Class Support
Our experienced admin team are always on hand to answer your questions and keep you updated throughout. So you’ll always know what’s happening.
We have a 5 star rating from Trustpilot by delighted clients. Find out why our customers rave about us.
Understanding credit scores when you’ve been declined a mortgage
All lenders look at information on your credit report such as:
– Whether you’ve made late payments for bills and loans
– Any details of debt management plans you have taken out
– Other details, such as any financial connections with others you’ve had – for instance partners you’ve held joint accounts with
How long is information stored for on your credit file?
Six years is the amount of time a loan you take out will stay on your file, as will CCJs (County Court Judgments), bankruptcy, IVAs (Individual Voluntary Arrangements), and an administration order. Searches and some applications will only remain on your file for a year, but debt collection searches will stay on for two years. Addresses and associations with others can stay on your file
Credit scores are important – but whatever your situation, we might be able to help – just get in touch and let’s see how we could help.